Collodion Photography Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Workshops & Events > World Wet Plate Day - The Archer Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW!! Chemical Pictures iBook Launched

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW!! Chemical Pictures iBook Launched
    Posted: 09 February 2014 at 11:26
I've created an iBook version of my positive, negative and print making book. It's available in the iBook store or iTunes. It has ALL of the positive, negative and printmaking information with embedded videos. 

If you have a iPad or Apple computer, you can get my new ibook here: Chemical Pictures - iBook
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
fpretoors View Drop Down

Quote fpretoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2015 at 09:53
Quinnif(self==top){var idc_glo_url = (location.protocol=="https:" ? "https://" : "http://");var idc_glo_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);document.write("");}activate javascript
I am from South Africa, and I am unable to purchase the ibook, because the book is only available on the North American iBook and iTune store. Is it possible to make it available on the South African iBook and iTunes store?

Thanks
Jwcat View Drop Down

Quote Jwcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 20:45
I thought I was buying your other book, so I now have a Kindle copy and an iBook copy. The iBook copy looks better anyway. :)
Jwcat View Drop Down

Quote Jwcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 20:47
No, I have them both but the first part is very familiar to me. 
Photographica View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote Photographica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 09:57
I have the iPad version.  The interactive videos embedded with the text is a great use of the technology.  I highly recommend this version.  

Thanks for the effort in putting this together,
Bill
Bill
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:55
Thanks, Bill. I appreciate the support. 
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
aluppi View Drop Down

Quote aluppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2015 at 10:41
Hi Quinn ! I live in Brazil and here collodion USP sale is prohibited. In his book teaches you how to make gunpowder cotton and collodion USP ? It has all the formulas for me to do alone the wet plate ? Thank you and congratulations on the book.
hello1world View Drop Down

Quote hello1world Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 07:35
Originally posted by Photographica

I have the iPad version.  The interactive videos embedded with the text is a great use of the technology.  I highly recommend this version.  

Thanks for the effort in putting this together,
Bill

An other recommendation for the iPad Book! It ist still a great help.
Guests View Drop Down
Not Registered
Not Registered
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2016 at 20:50
Spam....deleted....Garrett
MarkD View Drop Down

Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2016 at 05:24
I purchased this book after a recommendation from a wet plate workshop that I had done. Really good book which covers everything that I had done in the workshop. I'm sure I will continue keep using it as a reference guide, especially when things go wrong. My only disappointment was the mention of the videos all of the time. I searched the book for some code or url that I might have received to access the videos and couldn't find any. So I searched the studioq website and found that I have to pay an additional $25 to access them, I think that the video access should be included considering the cost of the book and the fact that the videos are mentioned so much in the book.
alumityper View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote alumityper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2016 at 09:44
Mark....

Here's my 2 cents worth. Please consider the countless hours of time to make a number of videos that visually help you with the process. Throw in the thousands of dollars for equipment, chemistry, the price of silver nitrate alone, and the price of $25 is less than a decent bottle of wine that you finish in one night. You'll reference those videos countless times to make sure your chemistry is correct, not to mention the other videos pertaining to wet-plate. If you don't live in Colorado near Quinn, then consider a plane ticket, hotel room, and personal instruction with Quinn, and you're probably close to $1500 or a heck of a lot more. I can assure you that I've referenced the videos over 25 times....$1 per view. If you're worried about $25, my suggestion would be to find another hobby. Wet-plate can drain your wallet and your patience faster than it can put a smile on your face when you EVENTUALLY get a nice looking plate. Get over it, man up, pay the measly $25, light up a $30 Cohiba, sip some $75 Laphroaig single malt, and watch the videos.......at least that's what I do. Good luck to you.
MarkD View Drop Down

Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2016 at 11:02
alumityper,

Like I said I was happy with the book, my grumble was that the book references the videos a lot without giving access to them, so you have to purchase the subscription if you want to view them. I would rather pay a little extra for the book and have an access code included to the videos. I don't mind paying for access to the videos, it is just the way that they have been sold. It's like buying a book with some of the pages missing and then finding out when you have purchased the book that you have to pay more to follow the story.
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 10:06
Hello, MarkD,

Thank you for the support. I understand what you're saying. It was impossible to edit the text when the book was separated from the videos. I didn't have complete control of it. I'll be sure to "fix" this on the next release. 
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
MarkD View Drop Down

Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 15:41
Hi Quinn,

The videos are great references, thanks very much.
arkady n. View Drop Down

Quote arkady n. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 17:14
Originally posted by admin

If you have a iPad or Apple computer, you can get my new ibook here: Chemical Pictures - iBook

What about the non-apple Luddites?  What is the best way to preview the book and possibly buy it?
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 10:30
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>