Collodion Photography Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Workshops & Events > World Wet Plate Day - The Archer Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Chemical Pictures Book Limited Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Chemical Pictures Book Limited Edition
    Posted: 29 June 2019 at 10:55
Greetings! 

i'm very happy to announce the release of my new book, "Chemical Pictures: The Complete Guide to Wet Collodion Photography" - For making Ambrotypes, Tintypes, Negatives, and P.O.P. Prints

You will also receive access to 40+ high definition videos - a virtual wet plate workshop!!

Check it out! 20 years of wet plate knowledge and experience, plus a body of work from my Ghost Dance project!!

http://studioq.com/chemical-pictures-2019-sales-p

---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
Whimgrinder View Drop Down

Quote Whimgrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2019 at 19:42
Quinn,
I see the new book is available on Amazon, but surely the price is an error? Its listed at $250! Is that correct?

Thanks,
Paul
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 07:18
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book

Quote Whimgrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 09:29
Thank you Quinn.
As much as I’d like to buy the signed first edition, I can’t afford to right now. Do you know what the price of the standard edition is going to be?
I look forward to the new, expanded edition!

Paul
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 10:16
I think $99 - that's the 230[page book(positives/negatives and prints) plus 42 HD videos - a virtual workshop. 
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book

Quote Whimgrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 10:48
Originally posted by admin

I think $99 - that's the 230[page book(positives/negatives and prints) plus 42 HD videos - a virtual workshop. 

Thank you.
One other question:its unclear in the description in the link you've provided what form the videos take in relation to the book - the book is physical (on paper) and the videos accompany the book as (I assume) DVDs?  That part is unclear.

Thanks for clarifying.

Paul
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 11:53
Hi Paul,

The book is 230 pages - very physical - a big book. The videos are on my website (and downloadable) with the login information in the book. The book is physical and the videos are online, or downloadable. 

Thanks! 
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book

Quote Whimgrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 12:05
Originally posted by admin

Hi Paul,

The book is 230 pages - very physical - a big book. The videos are on my website (and downloadable) with the login information in the book. The book is physical and the videos are online, or downloadable. 

Thanks! 

Excellent, thank you very much for answering my questions! I hope this new volume is very successful for you. I  refer to the 2014 edition often.

Paul
Blurmageddon View Drop Down

Quote Blurmageddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 15:44
Quinn,

I notice in the videos section the video for coating the collodio-chloride paper is missing. It goes from one video showing how to mix and store the chemicals to the next video in the darkroom when the paper is already coated and you say, "you saw us flow the paper already" except we hadn't.

Perhaps an oversight unless we were simply meant to float it as was demonstrated in the albumen video.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2019 at 07:37
Nick,

I'll take a look. Thanks.
Q
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2019 at 14:13
Nick, 

I've updated to a PART 1 and PART 2 - the second one does not show the paper prep - PART 1 does. 

Thanks!
---
Quinn Jacobson
Collodion Forum Admin
Studio Q Workshops
Wet Plate Collodion Book
Blurmageddon View Drop Down

Quote Blurmageddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2019 at 14:34
I see it now. Thanks!
Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply