Forum Home Forum Home > Workshops & Events > Workshops & Demonstrations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBarcelona Workshop #2 Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barcelona Workshop #2 Report
    Posted: 05 June 2008 at 02:48

I'm happy to report that the second, and final, Barcelona workshop was incredibly fun and very successful.

I want to acknowledge all of the students/participants; they did an outstanding job and moreover, had a lot of fun! Pablo, Paula, Lola, Nuria, Laia, Fin Arne, Bernt, Jessica, Rado, Manel, Alex, and everyone from the studio and all of the visitors. Over the two workshops, we had the following countries represented; Spain, Germany, America, Bulgaria, Italy, and Norway. Amazing!!!

I didn't get a chance to make copies of the work (only one or two images) but will post more when I get images from the Studio.

Between the workshops, I met with a Spanish newspaper (I'm not even sure which one) and did an interview. I also got to work with the Studio and make a few 16x20 plates (BGAs, CGAs, Alumitypes and Negs) of the view from the studio and the Botero Gato on la Rambla - it's Botero's sculpture of a cat. This is 200 meters from the Studio and will always represent Barcelona for me. We brought a 16x20 negative home that the Studio made of Jeanne, Summer and I (I was holding the 16x20 BGA of the Cat). I'll try to get a print (or scan) made of it and post it - it's a wonderful image.

We hope you enjoy!

Lola's yellow rose of Barcelona.

Jessica, Israel, Alex, Arne and Arcangela working and observing in the darkroom.

Alex, Israel, Marti and Pablo getting ready to make an image.

Lola, Nuria and Manel at the table cleaning glass and having a laugh.

A profile shot of Paula with an 8mm camera.

Marti and Pablo working on composing an image.

Over the two workshops, there were a lot of plates made (maybe 100?) the racks were always full of images.

X
Jeanne and Ricard checkout Paula's "Grim Reaper" image.

Arne's portrait of Bernt is intensified. He did a great job with this!

Arne holds his P.O.P print of Bernt.

Bernt and Arne pose for Jessica's negative. I hope she sends me a copy of this print - I would like to post it - it's very cool!

Jessica, Pablo and Arne at the sink in the darkroom.

Jessica "sits" for Bernt's portrait of her.

Paula's portrait of Rado - I'll post more work when I get it.

Quinn cleaning a 16x20 (40cm x 50cm) Black Glass Ambrotype.

Left to right: Israel, Ricard, Arcangela, Rebecca, Quinn and Marti. I'm holding a 16x20 BGA of Botero's Cat - it rocked!!

Regards,
Quinn Jacobson
CarlRadford View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 06:45
Great stuff the portrait of Rado is extremely good! Looks like you folks had fun!
Kerik View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 09:44
Fantastic Quinn! It's obvious everyone was having a great time. Who's got the 16x20 camera? Is it yours?
Kerik Kouklis
Platinum/Gum/Collodion
www.kerik.com
quinn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 01:28

Thanks guys. There was some very interesting work made. I'm always amazed because these workshop are "technical" not "creative". I'm mostly interested in having fun and not taking anything too seriously. I've been in groups where you would think that what we're doing is solving the world's problems... stuffy!!

They always blow me away with what they do. They can multi-task well; they can be technical, be creative, are willing to take chances and above all have fun. I really enjoy being around people like this!

Kerik, the 16x20 camera belongs to the studio - I wanted to help them make some images of the Botero Cat and a scene from their studio window - it was fun stuff! 

Here are some images of the plates made during this workshop:

Regards,
Quinn Jacobson
davidP View Drop Down

Slightly Stained

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 14:39
A 16x20? Now find a scanner for that!

VERY nice to see your European workshops. I look forward to spending more
time here and reacquainting myself...it's been too long!
 Post Reply Post Reply