FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorkshops in April/May/June 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Workshops in April/May/June 2006
    Posted: 11 October 2005 at 08:23

WHAT:
I'm going to be doing workshops in April/May/June 2006. The groups will be limited to 3 people per workshop.

WHEN:
Tentative Dates (subject to change):
April 29 & 30: as of 03/30/2006: 
2 PLACES OPEN
May 27 & 28: as of 03/30/2006: 2 PLACES OPEN
June 3 & 4:    as of 03/30/2006:
CLOSED/FILLED

COST:
$525
that includes a "Ready to Use Collodion Chemistry Kit" that you can take home with you (or we will ship it if you are traveling  by aircraft) after the workshop. This allows you to keep shooting the day you get home if you want to.
One of the problems with taking a workshop is the time it takes (when you get home) to get all of the chemistry together, mix it and shoot plates. You can loose your edge or "freshness" from the workshop in that period of time. This helps in the process of getting the most from the workshop.

WHERE:
I'm located about 30 minutes north of Salt Lake City, Utah. I work out of my garage studio and darkroom. There are plenty of inexpensive ($40 - $50 per night) decent places to stay around here. It's a beautiful area and we have a lot of 8 -10 UV days for shooting wet plate images.

What you'll learn and receive:

Two days of hands-on shooting that includes:
Quarter plate
5" x 7"
8" x 10"
11" x 14"
On both period and modern equipment.

You will learn to shoot and process:
Ambrotypes (on black glass and clear glass)
Ferrotypes/Tintypes (on japanned metal and aluminum)
Negatives (you will also learn how to make Albumen paper and how to make Albumen prints)

You'll receive:
"The Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Experience" a 12 chapter workshop manual on the entire process with a large troubleshooting section. You’ll also receive a pre-made Collodion Chemistry Kit that includes everything for positives, negatives and re-development.

So, if you are interested in attending one of these, go to AltPhoto Source and sign up!!

Regards,
Quinn Jacobson
 Post Reply Post Reply