Topic ClosedPhotoArts/APIS Santa Fe, NM Wet Plate Demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Subscriber
Subscriber

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: PhotoArts/APIS Santa Fe, NM Wet Plate Demo
    Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:29
This may sound absurd to some, as I haven't been doing WP all that long... :) but I've been asked to give a wet plate demo at the 2009 APIS conf in Santa Fe, NM, USA. 

I met Melody Bostick and Dick Sullivan (of Bostick & Sullivan) a few months ago at an informal Texas photography get together where myself and Scott Schroeder gave a wet plate demo. They then invited me to come out to Santa Fe during the APIS conference.  
Its coming up soon. 
Lots of info on PhotoArts Santa Fe and the Alternative Photographers International Symposium (APIS) can be found on the Bostick & Sullivan Website
Also, here is a PDF of the conference details. 
Dates are July 30-Aug 1.
I'll be giving the wet plate demo around noon on friday I believe (this is tentative I think) likely will last an hour or two and the following day I know that Luther Gerlach is also giving a demo on building ULF cameras for wet plate - or something along those lines. 

This would likely be a great way for someone who's never seen the process to get a taste of it. 

I'm also hoping to be out and about in the area shooting some 12x20 negatives and possibly doing some wet plate around that part of NM as I've never been. 

Hope this is helpful to some... and hopefully maybe I'll get to meet some fellow wet platers. 

Kerik View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 12:36
Good on you, Matt. I'm skipping APIS again this year (I'm overdrawn on my vacation time as it is), but it should be a good time.
Kerik Kouklis
Platinum/Gum/Collodion
www.kerik.com
admin View Drop Down
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 04:32
Excellent Matt! Congratulations! It will be good for you and good for the public.
jodyake View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 11:12
you should have a good time. the  Bostick & Sullivan crew are great people and santa fe is a wonderful place. Its really dry there so you might have to alter your chemistry. I shot there 3 years ago and had good results with the " same day extra dry" collodion. also eat at tomasita's. its a bit of a tourist place but its good!
http://jodyake.com
http://incameraindustries.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply