Collodion Photography Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Workshops & Events > World Wet Plate Day - The Archer Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGathering at Eddie's is ON! may 1st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eddie View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gathering at Eddie's is ON! may 1st
    Posted: 15 March 2010 at 07:14
hey all,

still planing to gather on may 1st and shoot plates and film.  all are welcome.  steve from black art wood craft will attend as well as mike from artcraft chemicals. 

Originally posted by Joe Smigiel;569731

Can you keep us updated on what will occur at the event as it shapes up Eddie?  Will Mike and Steve still be showing?  Is the sell/swap still on?  Will there be tuneage?  Revelry?  Fire?  Wabbits?

I've been thinking of driving the Magic Bus over and bringing along a bellowless 8x20 Korona & holders to sell along with a couple lenses to pay for gas for the trip.  Might also be time to let loose of that 20" Vitax.  I'll also bring that 5x7 Seroco Petzval and maybe a Rembrandt portrait lens and darktent to unload.

I might be after a Dallmeyer 2C if one shows up.

Joe

har har har!

thanks joe,

there will be deer, turkeys (not just you guys) and rabbits being pulled from hats! Frank Petronio will be coming as well....he is in charge of all the fire!

mike and steve are scheduled to show. maybe we can get a 50/50 raffle in on some chemical goodies....

yes, please bring some stuff to swap and sell. i will make arrangements for a tent and some tables. i was just not able to pull it off as grand as i had planned but i will try and include all the fun non-the-less. the more goodies that show will help to get some of the tire kickers to come on over......

i know of a 2C that will be there....not sure if it will be for sale but it will be available for play!

It is wet plate collodion day on May 1st. it is a day that all WPC people shoot a plate and post it on a website. we will be having a group effort to do this. we will also be shooting film and large format. i will have some models, food, and great local micro brew beer!

it will be worth the drive. i/we hope you (and all others) are able to make it. so far we have about 20-25 people waiting for the day to arrive.

there is 50 acres of forest to play in as well. i will be arranging local forays to nearby shooting destinations for those that want to shoot photos of something besides the models. we have 1600 era stone houses, bridges (BIG and small) rocks, mountains, barns, trees waterfalls and old trains to name a few of the awesome potential all within 15 mins drive.

eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234