FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChemistry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemistry
    Posted: 12 March 2006 at 09:37
All,
I made this offer to Quinn, but if any of you need/want any information about chemicals, recent catalogs or anything like that, let me know in the next four hours.  I am leaving to go to a really big chemistry convention in Orlando tonight and I can certainly see if I can get you some info.

Quinn has asked for information about Cad Bromide and ether.  Quinn, I would like to know what exactly you want to find out about these chemicals.  I don't know enough about the process at this point to know what to tell the people there when they ask what I'm doing with the chemicals.
Diane :)
quinn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 09:44
Hi Diane,

I would be interested in any information you can get on storage, handling and stablility of these. Especially the stability of Ether and the handling of CadBr - there are so many views and I thought I might as well get some more -

Thanks - have a fun and safe trip (or have fun as a chemical convention can be) - at least Orlando will be warm, my Grandmother said it's pushing 80 there (she's in Deltona).
Regards,
Quinn Jacobson
colrehogan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:27
Thanks for the clarification Quinn.  I'll see what I can find.  Certainly there are plenty of places who deal with storage of chemicals there.  I'll be leaving tonight and hoping that I can miss out on the tornado warnings and thunderstorms and potential hail.  We're under a tornado watch from now until 10 pm tonight.  Last night, two people were killed 90 miles south of St. Louis when their pickup truck was picked up by the tornado and slammed into a propane tank a short distance away off the road.
Diane :)
 Post Reply Post Reply