FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2012 Collodion Workshops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Registered
Not Registered
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Collodion Workshops
    Posted: 30 November 2011 at 09:07
George Eastman House has just listed our new workshop series for 2012. 

Most of the workshops are taught here at the museum in Rochester, NY. Those who have taken our workshops now that what sets ours apart from any others is that along with skilled hands-on instruction and an illustrated lecture on the history and chemistry of the featured process, participants see rare examples of vintage images made with that process from the museums archives. When appropriate, vintage equipment is also available for inspection. Every workshop includes a manual and copies of historic literature.

This June and July France and I will also be back at Fox Talbot Museum, Lacock, Wiltshire England to teach three different workshops. Two of these are collodion based imagery including ambrotypes, tintypes and dry collodion negatives. Making historic process images at Lacock Abbey is an amazing experience.

A special "1839" workshop at Lacock includes mercury developed daguerreotype as introduced by Daguerre in '39, Talbot's photogenic drawing process and Bayard's direct positive printing process. Make all three of the processes fighting for recognition in 1839. Bring the family..Lacock Abbey is best known by photographers as the birthplace of negative/positive photography; but for the rest of the world it's where they filmed Harry Potter and many other films. It's a great place to visit and the ancient city of Bath [where you can tour the Roman baths] is a short drive.

Other workshops in 2012 include Albumen printing [January] Daguerreotype with Mike Robinson, Collodion Chloride printing-out paper, Ambrotype, tintype, Carbon printing [and tissue making], Silhouette*Camera obscura*Camera lucida & Physionotrace drawing, Gelatin Emulsion making, 35 mm daguerreotype and more. We also teach small groups that come to us for a specific topic or we can do a workshop in your location anywhere in the world. We have workshops currently being scheduled in Japan and the Crimea.

Check out the web site for more information and registration. If you want updates directly from me, join my Facebook page by sending me a message indicating that you are interested in my workshops. And as always...feel free to contact me directly at mosterman@geh.org with any specific questions about any process we teach. The Lacock workshops fill quickly, so if you are interested in these register soon. They have only been listed for a week and some of the workshops are half full.

http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/series/photo-workshops

Cheers,

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply