Collodion Photography Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Workshops & Events > Workshops & Demonstrations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUK Gathering - 22-23 November 2008 - Event Date: 22 November 2008 - 23 November 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Subscriber
Subscriber

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: UK Gathering - 22-23 November 2008
    Posted: 08 February 2009 at 03:11
Just curious on any updates of using the tomato "budd" tents? I'm considering getting one and was curious if any of the other forum members have used them in the field.
Rado, did you ever get one?
Here is one that I am looking at, which I believe is similar to what Jo is using in the photo

Great, so now do my neighbors not only smell ether coming from the garage, but I have a grow tent I'm putting together in my front yard :-)
zmanphoto View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 17:46
FYI,

here is a reply I got back from the seller of these tents:

So far no one has explicitly told us that they have purchased this tent for photography use.  We are not sure if it is suitable for photography use since:
- Although relative light-tight, there may still be a hint of light coming in when it is bright outside due to the zippers being white in color (although there are flap covers behind them), 3 mesh windows (although each has a flap cover behind it), 3 duct vent holes (although each has a sleeve with built-in tie strings).
- It weighs about 35 lbs, so not exactly very portable, but at the same time may not be able to withstand strong wind outside.

Regards,
GYOSupplies
CarlRadford View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 03:31
Mark - read what David has to sat here:  http://www.collodion.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2704
David Gillanders View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 03:36
HI all,

I've just used a bud box in the field - I think it's more or less the same as the one in question and it was great.

Here's a link to it: -

It's not 100% light proof but can be made so very, very easily. The main problems are at the seams/zips and it's not a huge amount of light I'm talking about. I made a curtain to hang on the inside at the "door" and tied off and taped all the duct holes and seams. It took 20mins and worked a treat. 

I think for what I want to do it's going to be problematic unless you have a location with space to set up - and I think the winds in Scotland would waste no time in adding the wizard of Oz effect if used outdoors!

I'm going to look into converting a transit van into bunk bed and darkroom accommodation for my road trips.

I'll keep you posted,

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123