Collodion Photography Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Workshops & Events > World Wet Plate Day - The Archer Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFrederick Scott Archer Ceremony - Event Date: 01 May 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Forum Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Frederick Scott Archer Ceremony
    Posted: 30 March 2010 at 05:38
30 March 2010

Greetings,

We have great news! The Collodion Collective (the team of people who worked on this project) is happy to announce that the Frederick Scott Archer Ceremony will take place May 1, 2010 in London, England! (Remember: This is World Wet Plate Day 2010, too!)

Carl Radford will open the ceremony with an introduction and then John Brewer will give a talk about Archer's life and his contribution to photography. Shortly after John's talk, Archer's new plaque will be unveiled! There will be a Collodion demonstration (making plates of the grave/new headstone) for the public and press. And finally, "Archer's Collodion Exhibition" will open in the Dissenter's Gallery. Twenty-two artists were selected to show work in this exhibition and they've graciously donated the plates to raise money for the event. It's going to be a beautiful and historic show!

Thanks to all that participated and a special thanks to those that gave money, time, images, energy and effort. This has taken almost a year to complete - a lot of people have spent a lot of time making it happen. For all that participated; be very proud!

Here is a copy of the tri-fold brochure, inside and out - thanks to Zach Risso!

There will be plenty of photos and video! We'll get a section on wetplateday.org soon!

Note:
Because we've had to arrange the ceremony with the FOKG, this is an invitation only event (we can only support a limited number of people). If you participated in the WWPCD 2009 book, you are automatically invited. If not, you need to send us a request so we can make sure we do not exceed our attendance limit. Also, if you would like a copy (print) of the literature, us know. If you plan to attend, please send an email to Carl Radford or Quinn Jacobson. Or, you can go here for a ticket.

Thank you!

Bruce Schultz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 10:22
Wonderful. I won't be able to make it, but I'll be making images that day at the same time as the event. You fellows have done a wonderful job of following up and making this happen.
zmanphoto View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 10:43
Great work everyone!  I wish I could be there.  I will be smelling some ether fumes back here in the States.
Kerik View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 12:03
I SO wish I could be there... You guys are to be commended for all your hard work on this. I look forward to seeing the pictures and videos of this great event.
Kerik Kouklis
Platinum/Gum/Collodion
www.kerik.com
andrew moxom View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 12:07
I'd love to come and see this. However, May 1st is the day that a group of folks traveling from the US will be returning for home after a week long photographic trip down in Cornwall. We will be staying near Heathrow on Friday April 30th so if anyone is around we could meet up in the evening prior to the ceremony??
rony View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 13:17

Friends! Congratulations, you're doing something that inspires!

Roman Kravchenko
http://collodion.biz
mylar_stars View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 13:23
Great! I had lost track of what the heck was going on with this. I can't be there on May 1st, but I'll visit someday. I am proud to have played a tiny role in all of this. Well done!
Troy R. Bennett
State 'O' Maine
www.mysteryjig.com
toydesign View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 14:29
Congratulations to all involved!
So bummed I wasn't able to shoot on last years inaugural day, but you can be sure I won't miss this year!
-Greg

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity"

"Great artists doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize."
mankai View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 21:48
Great news!
thanks Quinn, Carl ,John and the team, and all the wet plate lover.
it's really touching.
http://www.mkhowetplate.com
ambropoetica View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 21:54
Well done everyone, I wish I could attend but it's an honour to be a small part of this... may he rest in peace.

best,
s.
get obsessed... stay obsessed....
 Post Reply Post Reply