Author
Subscriber
Subscriber

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The NEW Scully & Osterman Collodion Manual
    Posted: 07 June 2012 at 03:01
   The NEW Scully & Osterman Collodion Manual
    ORDERS WILL BEGIN SHIPPING ON JUNE 11, 2012
    This is a complete rewrite of the The Wet Plate Process, A Working Guide, 2011, now titled Basic Collodion Technique: Ambrotype & Tintype. The original manual, written in 1994, was 25 pages and featured the first complete instructions of the collodion process to a modern audience. The new version is 56 pages, has more basic theory, a color chart and a valuable trouble shooting section titled Out of the Fog, that is worth the purchase price alone!

This is the NEW updated manual to get started on wet-plate collodion, including equipment, supplies needed, sources, formulas and more importantly, the theory to modify them for specific working conditions. Think of this as the difference between learning a few phrases of a language and the grammar to construct any sentence you want!

The manual costs $25; $30 includes shipping in N. America. (NY State residents please add $2 sales tax.) U.S. orders: Please do not use PayPal for U.S. orders. This helps to keep our costs down. Thanks! We prefer that you send a check or money order to:

SCULLY & OSTERMAN
        186 Rockingham Street
        Rochester, NY 14620 USA

OUTSIDE U.S. may pay with PayPal. Cost (including shipping) is: $35 ppd to Europe & S. America; $40 ppd to Asia, Australia & New Zealand.

PAYPAL ORDERS (foreign only) - PLEASE NOTE:
    1. Send PayPal payment to sculloster@aol.com AND
    2. Send an email with your mailing address to our gmail address with the following link:

Thank you for your order! Orders will begin shipping June 11, 2012

Image on cover: Hesitation, © Mark Osterman
hand-tinted ruby ambrotype

Included is a color chart which shows how colors photograph using the collodion process.

The second edition is now available

mborstelmann View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 18:14
haha darn i just bought the old one..
mborstelmann View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 20:15
i bought the new one today by mail. Can never read enough hands on information. Ive learned from every one so far. My next step is gong to some workshops. Anyone been to more than one?
smieglitz View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 21:40
I learned wetplate during a workshop at Peter's Valley with Michael Mazzeo.  Had a great time there and actually went back for a dag workshop the following year.  That year I took a workshop from John Coffer at Camp Tintype.  It was a good mix.  At Peter's Valley we used an indoor darkroom and then outdoors at John's using darkboxes.

I also plan to visit Rochester some day and take a workshop from Mark and France Osterman.
 Post Reply Post Reply